Ms. Wickstrom, our School Counselor has many roles at Heather School, including:
- Supporting students on the playground through conflict resolution and offering a weekly lunch bunch group where students play organized games.
- Consulting with parents and teachers to help with social and emotional concerns.
- Facilitating small group sessions for students on special topics such as social skills, coping skills, changing families/divorce, self-esteem, emotional regulation, and grief. Parent permission and teacher approval are required for small group participation.
- Short term one on one student counseling
- Coordinating the school-wide kindness week challenge and end of the year transitioning lessons to students moving on to middle school.
- Providing referrals and resources for students and families needing extra support.
Parents are welcome to contact Ms. Wickstrom by email or through the school office.
- Samantha Wickstrom
- School Counselor, MSW, PPSC
- Heather Elementary School
- 650-508-7303 Heather Office Th-F, Alternating Wednesdays 8:00-3:00 pm
- SCSD Elementary School Counselors Resource Website
- San Carlos School Counselors page on Facebook!
- The Science of Character and SEL, video
- 5 keys to social and emotional learning success, video.
- Books That Heal Kids, blog
- SCSD Elementary Counselor’s Page
- SCSD Counseling and Mental Health
- A list of children’s books that support social-emotional learning.
- Child Protection: Information and Resources
- Why Elementary School Counselors?
- Virtual Calming Room, “Stop, Name Your Feeling, Calm Down” developed by SCSD school counselors
- Virtual Calming Room, “Take a Break”, developed by Melissa Sandlin, district behavior analyst